Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Monday Encouragement to Teachers

Occasionally the year feels like it is being moved along by elderly turtles. On Mondays that are especially tough (like the week of standardized testing), I like to send out Monday Encouragement emails to the teachers at my three schools. This is the one from this week.

Let It Go: Teacher Style 
(to the tune of “Let it Go” from Frozen)

The sun glows bright out the windows today
not a rainstorm to be seen.
My students are barely quiet,
They’ve forgotten I’m the queen.

Energy is raging like a swirling storm inside,
they can’t keep it in, heaven knows I’ve tried.
“Don’t touch that thing!” --  “Just let it be!”
“Be the good girls and boys I know you used to be!”
Conceal, don’t scream, don’t let them know….
Well, now they know…

Six more weeks, six more weeks --
Until the school year is no more.
Six more weeks, six more weeks --
Turn away and drink some more Coke.
I don’t care what they’re going to say
Let the students rage on…

Their energy never bothered me anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or ask a question. Just be aware that the comments here are moderated. Let's all try to build peace -- bullies aren't welcome here.